The Autism Alliance of Michigan (AAOM) is coming to Munson Medical Center in Traverse City on October 15, 2012 to help explain the upcoming changes to the Michigan insurance code to cover autism. The workshop will be held two times – at 12:30 p.m. and at 6:00 p.m. – and will last about 90 minutes.
Parents and caregivers of children with autism are invited, along with advocacy agencies, public agencies, employers, and others who support parents and caregivers of children with autism.
- Autism legislation bills and what they mean
- Treatments covered by the legislation
- Evidence-based practice treatments and what that means
- Overview of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Explanation of state-regulated and self-funded insurance coverage
- Medicaid coverage for treatments
- How to find a qualified provider
- Resources for help in this process.
- Colleen Allen, Ph.D., President and CEO, AAOM; Chair, Michigan Autism Council
- Stacie Rulison, MS. M.Ed., BCBA-Candidate, AAOM; Michigan Autism Council
- Mary Sharp, MD, Development Officer, AAOM; Mid-Michigan Autism Board of Directors
The workshops are free. Contact Marlowe Franklin at (231) 631-3747 or email@example.com to register.